Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 4 - Puzzle



Who wouldn't want to put together a puzzle and find a secret message on the back?
 Exactly. 

Here is the activity I did for the 5th day of the

Needed:

Puzzle
Marker(s)
2 Cutting Boards (optional)





I found this puzzle at the dollar store. 
I didn't think it looked like Star Wars 
but then again I think I've only seen
 PART of ONE of the movies... 
It was the manliest one they had there though so I got it. 







So the first thing I had to do what put the puzzle together. With only 48 pieces it went pretty easy. I decided to put it together on a cutting board so that I could easily flip my puzzle over and write the message on the back. 










After it was all together, 
I put my second cutting board on top of it 
and flipped the whole thing over.







Finally it was time to write the message.



I decided to have the clue on the back lead him here 
for his next clue: 


So I made a little riddle (that he hopefully will have to think about for a while) and then wrote it on the puzzle. 


I purposely wrote it all crooked so that the letters were split between puzzle pieces so when it was all broken up, it couldn't be read. 




3 comments:

  1. this one is my favorite one! (and I know that I have said this before but this time its true)
    -Michi<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty positive I am trying this one out...only change I am making is I think I'll make my own puzzle. Like draw my own picture and cut it up. Thanks for the idea!
    -Michi

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Michi! Let me know how it words out! I'd love to see pictures of your homemade puzzle : )

    ReplyDelete